How do you automate RescueTime? (Mac)

Hi, I’m trying to create a Keyboard Maestro workflow to start a focus session. I use focus sessions a lot, but it takes about 10 clicks and needing to wait for all the animations etc. to start one, which is just unnecessarily cruel.

I tried using Keyboard Maestro to start a session for me, but all the buttons keep moving around randomly, so I can’t just use mouse location to hit the necessary buttons. Didn’t find any Shortcut shortcuts to do this either. Has anyone built something for RescueTime and how did you do it?

2 Likes

No, wait, obviously I can set Keyboard Maestro to start moving the mouse from one of the corners of the active window, which in this case is RescueTime. Still not super elegant, but think I can make this work like this.

Edit: Didn’t work. RescueTime isn’t considered a window I guess. Anyways, managed to do it by just finding the Start session icon with Keyboard Maestro’s Find Image -feature and then I can work onwards from there.

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s in your feature wishlist?

Hi @peter! You can skip prep.

I would be happy to be able to skip preparation, it’s really annoying.

1 Like

Sorry by prep I mean whole process now I have to:

• skip prep
  • skip time
  • skip prevent digital distraction

Instead I would like to have either shortcut or only one script where I could set time (which I don’t change often anyway).

Any update on this? It’s really important to me an I think really beneficial in general to make focus session as easy as possible without any extra steps. I can’t figure out why you won’t put all screens for focus session to settings or at least give an option (remember next time)

1 Like

Hi @peter, we will prioritize this.

1 Like

@peter @jaakko_koivula
A while back I developed an extension for Raycast that could easily start a RescueTime focus session: Raycast Store: RescueTime Focus Session Trigger
I stopped using RescueTime for enterprise reasons, however I just came back today. If the extension doesn’t work anymore I may be able to devote some time to update it.

@kyle @peter @jaakko_koivula this is coming soon!

1 Like