Rescue Time for general internet time tracking beyond "work schedule"

Can I use Rescue Time to track time spent on other applications/websites, but not restricted to work time?
For example, I want to use Rescue Time to track my general usage of social media (e.g. reddit, facebook, twitter) - However, most of the time I access those sites it is outside my “work schedule”, so I don’t know if it is recorded or not. This information would be incredibly useful for me as a user.
I feel I can “force” the app to track that by creating an artificially long work schedule so that it tracks the app usage, but then I’d lose the real meaning of “work schedule”.

Is there a way to do this? I feel the tools/infra is already there and maybe I’m missing something here. I don’t need the insight on this, having the analytical data on this period of time would be enough for me.

Any suggestions/guides on how to properly do this let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @robotop. Sorry for the delay! Yes, you can track activities outside your work schedule by going to your Analytics page here. On the date picker choose “All time”.

If you use the RescueTime Classic UI it will show you tracked times for ALL activities, even those outside your normal work hours. I currently use both “old” RescueTime and the “new” RT UI to get the best of both worlds.

Hi @jun1, we’re currently working on unifying the two versions to improve the overall experience for our customers and like you mentioned, provide the best of both worlds.

1 Like