Arc browser sites not tracking in RescueTime?

RescueTime merely tracks Arc activities as an application categorized as a utility. Is this just me? I’ve used RescueTime with Chrome/Brave/Firefox without issue. The RescueTime extension is enabled, but Arc seems to prevent it from tracking pages.

My understanding is RescueTime officially began supporting Arc last year, but for some reason it’s not working for me.

1 Like

I see the same behavior. When I open the extension, it can “see” the page I’m on and correctly categorize it but it’s not tracking it on the dashboards.

I had similar issues with using Waterfox (firefox fork), although the website tracking started working at some point but it’s spotty at best so it’s not that helpful. I also have the firefox extension enabled.

I did contact support and I told I had an issue. We couldn’t find a fix. They said about the fact that the extension was last updated 2020: “Yes, you’re right. It has been a while since the extension has been updated. This is on our roadmap to update.”

So there’s hoping it will be soon as I would assume that this is the issue.

A similar issue is opened for the Arc browser side. The assumption is that arc limits access from the extension to the browser’s tabs. Given that, the RescueTime devs won’t be able to do something, only they communicate directly with the arc devs

Meanwhile, I’m using the native client on my MacOS device. Why can’t the client get information about the opened tab in any of my applications? The title is readable by the client

@cp247 @neilemartin @samuli @log1c we support Arc on Mac only at this time. Please update to version 3.2.0.10 on your Download page.

Support for Arc on Windows is on our roadmap.

1 Like

I’d like to echo this request. Rescuetime is recording activity in arc, but isn’t categorising it in any way like it would with chrome. It’s severely hampering RT’s effectiveness. I run the extension and the mac client. Any update on when this bug will be resolved? The ‘ethos’ of ARC is in line with the philosophy of RT (intentional internet usage) so I’m sure we’re not the only ones feeling the pain.

Hi @tomgoulooze. We do support Arc now, but you would need to update to the latest version 3.2.0.10. Could you email us directly at support@rescuetime.com so we can investigate further?

Hi Ciao,

I found the cause of the problem; I was on 2.x and that is why arc didn’t work. So im all good now. It works.

However, whenever I’d click ‘check for updates’ it would say you are on the latest version which is why I thought I was; I removed RescueTime from my computer and reinstalled it from the website and then it worked. So I may not be the only one with this specific issue, but this is a different type of bug.

Either way; having arc support is such a fabulous edition; it’s like i can see in the dark again (and face the reality that I haven’t nearly been as productive as I’d hoped).

1 Like

Hi @tomgoulooze, thanks for the update! It’s a soft release so that’s why it showed you were up-to-date. Full release will come soon. Appreciate your feedback :pray: !