What's in your feature wishlist?

We’d love to hear your must-haves. If you have features you’ve been hankering for that you wish we’d implement, then here is the place to share them.

3 Likes

Number 1 is iPad app, but I know you are already working on that. I use both a mac and iPad, so the ability to start a focus session on one and have it automatically start and block sites on the other is very important to me.

Second but still very important is some kind of manual Scheduler (or some other solution to the below problem which I have not thought up!!). I love the idea of the Calendar integration, however my work place blocks all integrations by default and will not let me get an exception for RescueTime. I would love to be able to manually add meetings and such to a calendar. I know there is the offline work option, and I am currently using it, but it does not take times into account and thus doesn’t really mix with the automatic focus time suggestions and such.

1 Like

I’d like a windows notification when my focus session is up. I’ve found I get burnt out if I just work work work, so if I could be notified when a 20-30 minute session is up, it would be a great time to stop, walk around, get a drink, etc.

Maybe this is already implemented and I don’t know how to set it up?

5 Likes

Welcome, Brenden!

You should get a notification when your Focus Session ends—if you don’t see/hear it, you may want to check your Windows notification settings.

2 Likes

I’d like a notification or a way to block turning rescuetime off. Here’s some justifications and situations:

• My kid is using it, and I’m trying to encourage better habits. Not helpful if they can turn it off at will. I understand this isn’t the use-case of rescuetime, so enforcing isn’t necessarily needed, but some type of warning or notification would help. And the notification could be email, or a durable audit log.
  • an alternate justification: I am trying to stop doing time-wasting activities, but the report is causing guilt. So I turn it off to make the reports look better. Basically help me not to cheat :slight_smile:

Not deal-breakers, but it could help expand the potential market that the product could appeal to and help.

3 Likes

I would like to have some kind of pomodoro tracker automated, 25 minutes of work, break and long break. And automated to work just like that. It would be also nice to have on Mac integration with Apple Developer Documentation
And last but not least, when I start session on Mac, I would also want to block things on iPhone.

5 Likes

Hi Bartosz!

The team is currently working on a new iOS app that brings Focus Sessions to mobile—I think you’ll love it!

2 Likes

Is it possible to link multiple calendars from the same source (i.e. in my case multiple Google calendars)? I have a work email and a personal email that I’d like to both connect so meetings are recorded properly.

2 Likes

Hello!

Yes, you can link multiple Google Calendars—Google Calendar Integration - RescueTimeX

The trick is sharing your other calendars with your main calendar.

1 Like

Hi Erin - thanks for the link. Unfortunately due to my work’s calendar sharing settings, I am not allowed to change the sharing settings to “Make changes AND manage sharing” (best I can do is “Make changes to events”, and that doesn’t make the work calendar pop up in the “Which calendars do you want to pull meetings from?” part of the calendar integration page), and obviously I’d prefer not to put all of my personal calendar events on my work calendar. Are there other options?

1 Like

Another request as I get settled into the new rescuetime - one of the reasons I appreciated the old system so much was that it “locked me in” when doing a focustime session. I see now that hitting “cancel” ends the session for me, which is not helpful when it’s tempting to do so. Could you add an option to remove that “cancel” button? (Basically similar to what @edk asked for.)

Further, I can’t seem to log offline time while in a focustime session, which is pretty annoying.

1 Like

I see. I understand that that might be the recommended time, but it’s pretty confusing, because that’s not my actual goal.

n.b. it would be great to be able to set the values for “distractions”, “communication”, “balance”, and “focus sessions” in a similar way.

1 Like

I see what you mean @alcheng. Thank you for that!

Oooh this would be a cool feature request. I moved this to our feature request channel to make sure our product team sees these suggestions.

1 Like

Hi @edk, ooh child mode! I like where you’re going with this.

2 Likes

Hi @kyle! Yes, we’re revamping the mobile app with the inclusion of Focus Sessions. We’ll have more details coming soon.

I’m not sure if your work allows this, but it may be worth a shot
Google Calendar Integration

1 Like

I would love if the RescueTime desktop app checked for Focus Sessions more than once per minute. I use another app called Raycast and just developed an extension (pending merge into their codebase) which allows you to send an API call which starts a Focus Session via a keyboard shortcut. But the session does not start in the desktop app for close to a minute sometimes.

1 Like

Is this a soft confirmation for a pomodoro timer? Because I would definitely subscribe again if there was a cross platform pomodoro with native blocking features.

2 Likes

I’d like it if on Windows, when you reopen the app, the panel pops out again. Currently you can only access the app by clicking on it in the system tray.

1 Like

Hi!
I would like to be able to log my offline activities with my phone. It is not always convenient to do it with desktop.
Kind regards,
Silvia

1 Like

Hi @silvia! This is coming :grinning:

2 Likes