Book Recommendations

Share book recommendations on work/life balance, digital wellness, good for the soul stuff, and etc that’ll help with work and life.

1 Like

Currently reading Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life: Eyal, Nir: 9781948836531: Amazon.com: Books. Didn’t realize I had a problem until now :exploding_head:

What I like about it is that the author gives you tools. He offers applications and not just theories.

2 Likes

It’s a bit dated, but I picked up Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway at a used book sale and finally read it. I was expecting advice for overcoming things like fear of heights, but what it tackles is what I would call “whole life fears”—the fears that keep you from pursuing what you really want in life. Or the fear that keeps you paralyzed when you need to make a decision.

It was so incredibly helpful for me and I think it would be for anyone who wants to make changes but gets stuck in a cycle of “but what if ---- happens?”

2 Likes

Okay, so this one is for all the creatives out there (which, imho, is everyone ;P).

Art & Fear by David Bayles and Ted Orland is about the mental, emotional, and social struggles of being an artist, and it’s ridiculously relatable. It’s very much about working (through creating) too!
I keep gifting this book to people because idk, everyone could use a copy.
Here’s a link to buy a much cheaper, used copy, too.

2 Likes

currently, I am reading The 5am Club by Robin Sharma and it is an amazing self-development book with great insights into human nature and molding yourself to be the best person you possible can be.

“Own your morning; elevate your life.”

1 Like