How do I turn off the sound when Rescue time starts?

Rescue time starts when my Windows PC boots up, and it’s the only app that plays its own little chime on bootup. I have UI sounds set to off, so I’m not sure why that’s not included in that category.

1 Like

Hi @alex_trost, could you also disable sounds in your system settings? We share details on how to do this here.

For others with this issue, the “UI Sounds on” checkmark doesn’t seem to do anything on any of my Windows 11 machines, so after it’s made a sound and shows up in your Settings>System>Sound>Volume mixer, just Mute the App (RescueTime Assistant) entirely there and even if you close and reopen or restart, it should stay muted. This way you can have any notifications you want on or off but not get that chime.

Hi @linlenae and @alex_trost, please try disabling this option in Windows. Go to the Start Menu < Settings < System < Notifications & Actions < Scroll down to RescueTime and click on it < toggle off “Play a sound when a notification arrives”

I am also hearing the sound play when RescueTime starts up (Windows 11), despite having the UI sounds disabled. I also hear the sound when Notifications for RescueTime are turned off completely, so the suggested workaround here doesn’t work for me.

Any other suggestions?

I’m facing the same issue. UI sounds disabled should disable sounds. How come it’s not working?

Related issue, I sincerely don’t need it to pop-up as well. This is really bothering. Why doesn’t it open in the background like any other application ? (be it Microsoft Teams or whatever)

Hi @joshvickerson! I think I found your account so I’ll reach out to you directly and we can figure this out together :crossed_fingers:

Hi @b.white, could you please reach out to us via help@rescuetime.com so we can take a look at your account?