Fixed that for you

As a fan of the Slack integration, I’m admittedly a little bummed that paid users using the Slack integration are now getting “(powered by RescueTime)” appended onto every Slack status. Usually that’s something you see when you’re using a free plan of a product, not the paid version.

I get the business need when you compare it to similar products that do this, like Clockwise and Reclaim.ai, but those products are freemium and a little advertising is acceptable.

2 Likes

Hi Chris - that’s good feedback.

I personally wanted to make sure RescueTime gets credit for the ability to set custom statuses because otherwise people would think it was just built into Slack. We’ve been working on improving our reach and adding features that help us bring in new users. The hope was that people might see that and decide they want it, too.

It’s a challenging time for companies like ours to reach new users so I thought it was a worthwhile experiment.

1 Like

If it’s really bothersome we’ll probably add a toggle to turn it off.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not a big deal, I just don’t like change :wink:

@brianfioca I’d much rather having the option available at least. It reads like a watermark which can give off a tacky image. I learned about rescuetime from asking about the focus time status emoji. Maybe boost up a blog post about how to change these slack statuses since it’ll be expected that people will look it up.

Thank you :pray:

That makes sense. I’ll add a setting for that to the product backlog. Thanks for the feedback.

I just went ahead and removed the (powered by RescueTime) part. It was bothering people more than it was helping us.

1 Like

Thank you for revisiting it!

It satisfies the perfectionist in me that my statuses don’t use 2 lines anymore :smile:

Screenshot of my slack status in slack with the text 'reading or updating notion' with the notion logo to the left, it looks very neat now without the powered by RescueTime text appended to the end.

1 Like