Post your workspace!

Your workspace is the place you spend the most time during the work day (although sometimes I roam around to help break loose new creative ideas). Here are a few photos of mine I took last year:

5 Likes

That looks so nice! I’m sitting here with knocked over Funko Pops that I haven’t picked up yet, random books, a pair of sweatpants?! Whose are these??

2 Likes

4 Likes

Here’s my annotated workspace! I share an office with my partner, and I really like our setup.

1. Essential plant life
  2. Partner’s desk is back here
  3. Wearable blanket
  4. Hidden gamer lights

1. If I don’t write it down, I will forget it
  2. Afternoon tea
  3. Comfort notebooks
  4. Phone holder (believe it or not, it keeps me from looking at it)

Some desk things that keep me company:

Portal 2 is still probably my favorite video game

There are little Rilakkuma things hiding all over my apartment

3 Likes

You guys are so tidy…

Francesca, sometimes I listen to the Portal 2 ending song just because I love it.

2 Likes

This is what happens when you outgrow your home. You are driven out of your main home into a cave. At least it’s a bright one. One day I will get all this accumulation of “WTF is this” removed. One day… Life in progress.

It’s honestly not that bad in here so long as you have temperature assistance. There are no windows, but when it rains the tapping is quite nice.

3 Likes

I definitely cleaned my desk up for this :laughing:

I also sometimes listen to this song! Sometime if I ever get a cat again, I think I’ll name her Gladys

1 Like

What’s that spaceship?

1 Like

Hubby made me that rocket ship as part of his proposal :wedding: This was how he popped the question. The question came in the form of blocks that he placed in the rocket ship for me to unscramble.

2 Likes

:two_hearts: awwwwwwww! that’s so sweet! what a good desk treasure!

2 Likes

Here I am, the queen of chaos.

3 Likes

Hi everyone! I wanted to try to contribute to this discussion. I work from home full time as well and unfortunately, I only have one place to work from and that is where my PC is. I have read all of your wonderful advice and try to do what I can to separate work from home and wanted to share.

I try to keep my workspace clear, organized and clean as much as possible (full disclosure, I did clean over the weekend). I only use my work computer for work activities and my personal computer for background noise during work that actually helps me focus. I select things that I enjoy but do not require enough attention to where it distracts me. It can be music, audio books, tv shows/movies or sometimes youtube videos. The 2 monitors are hooked into both computers and use them for work during the day with the 3rd smaller one hooked up to my PC. And yes, it is a fully self assembled high end personal/gaming computer.

5 Likes

Very nice setup!

So…are you playing Elden Ring?

1 Like

Hello y’all. There are some really nice setups here. Love that RT created a Discourse community. The ones I’ve been in all tend to have great communities.

I haven’t finished moving into my apartment, so my setup is the kitchen table :joy:. Not the best setup, but on the other hand I can cook from my desk, super efficent lunches! On the left is my P1 Gen3 Thinkpad running Ubuntu 20.04 for personal stuff and on the right, my 2019 MBP for work. The mic is a blue yeti nano which has great quality for the price. Normally I’d have 2 external monitors, but not with the kitchen setup. The 2 devices in front of the MacBook are not part of my setup, but thought I’d include them b/c they’re IoT buttons connected to AWS for some custom offline logging.

Totally unrelated - I also love the Portal 2 end credits! So much so a few years ago I made a website version lol.

4 Likes

Welcome, Chris!

I love your little tree on the right!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s a money tree :grin:

1 Like

Thank you! I haven’t started Elden Ring yet actually, but do want to play through it. I might wait for a sale on Steam before I do get it. Working on my first play through of cyberpunk and trying to decide if I want to continue my first play trough of Control. But I am anxious to get to Elden ring to see what it looks like on 4k. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s my workspace, it’s a cozy space in the corner of my bedroom. I try to keep things on my board that keep me motivated when I get distracted. Glad for this thread because it motivated me to clean my desk! :joy:

3 Likes

Your desk is pristine! Also looove the bulletin boards! Quickly pinning things or swapping out inspirational stuff makes such a good workspace asset

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your Portal website :DDDD
aahhhh I love that game so much, I can’t wait for it to come out on Switch this year!
My sister hasn’t seen either Portal or Portal 2 so we’re going to do a playthrough and it’s going to be an event