What's in your feature wishlist?

Hi Bartosz!

The team is currently working on a new iOS app that brings Focus Sessions to mobile—I think you’ll love it!

2 Likes

Is it possible to link multiple calendars from the same source (i.e. in my case multiple Google calendars)? I have a work email and a personal email that I’d like to both connect so meetings are recorded properly.

1 Like

Hello!

Yes, you can link multiple Google Calendars—Google Calendar Integration - RescueTimeX

The trick is sharing your other calendars with your main calendar.

1 Like

Hi Erin - thanks for the link. Unfortunately due to my work’s calendar sharing settings, I am not allowed to change the sharing settings to “Make changes AND manage sharing” (best I can do is “Make changes to events”, and that doesn’t make the work calendar pop up in the “Which calendars do you want to pull meetings from?” part of the calendar integration page), and obviously I’d prefer not to put all of my personal calendar events on my work calendar. Are there other options?

1 Like

Another request as I get settled into the new rescuetime - one of the reasons I appreciated the old system so much was that it “locked me in” when doing a focustime session. I see now that hitting “cancel” ends the session for me, which is not helpful when it’s tempting to do so. Could you add an option to remove that “cancel” button? (Basically similar to what @edk asked for.)

Further, I can’t seem to log offline time while in a focustime session, which is pretty annoying.

1 Like

I see. I understand that that might be the recommended time, but it’s pretty confusing, because that’s not my actual goal.

n.b. it would be great to be able to set the values for “distractions”, “communication”, “balance”, and “focus sessions” in a similar way.

1 Like

I see what you mean @alcheng. Thank you for that!

Oooh this would be a cool feature request. I moved this to our feature request channel to make sure our product team sees these suggestions.

1 Like

Hi @edk, ooh child mode! I like where you’re going with this.

2 Likes

Hi @kyle! Yes, we’re revamping the mobile app with the inclusion of Focus Sessions. We’ll have more details coming soon.

I’m not sure if your work allows this, but it may be worth a shot
Google Calendar Integration

1 Like

I would love if the RescueTime desktop app checked for Focus Sessions more than once per minute. I use another app called Raycast and just developed an extension (pending merge into their codebase) which allows you to send an API call which starts a Focus Session via a keyboard shortcut. But the session does not start in the desktop app for close to a minute sometimes.

1 Like

Is this a soft confirmation for a pomodoro timer? Because I would definitely subscribe again if there was a cross platform pomodoro with native blocking features.

1 Like

I’d like it if on Windows, when you reopen the app, the panel pops out again. Currently you can only access the app by clicking on it in the system tray.

Hi!
I would like to be able to log my offline activities with my phone. It is not always convenient to do it with desktop.
Kind regards,
Silvia

Hi @silvia! This is coming :grinning:

2 Likes

That’s really cool @kyle. We’re continuing to work on optimizing it.

1 Like

Hi @filipbozicevic96! Soft confirmation, I like that. Yes, some form of this.

1 Like

I would like if RescueTime didn’t automatically minimize to the system tray as soon as you clicked away. I’d like an option to keep it on screen above other apps, particularly during focus times.

3 Likes

Hey @anthony I hear ya! I would love that too. We have some things in the works around Focus Sessions that I think you’ll like and we can’t wait to share.

2 Likes

Keyboard shortcuts, and/or integration with Shortcuts on Mac.

Can’t wait to see what it’s like! Are you planning to add in Shortcuts integration? Can I ask about any tentative release dates/betas? :wink: