What's in your feature wishlist?

Hi @scoop! Unfortunately we do not support the Arc browser at this time. However, here are the browsers that we do support.

For the Chromium browsers we do not support, there may be a workaround but there are no guarantees here.

Below are the instructions

1. Download the RescueTime Chrome extension here.
  2. Sign in with the email you used for your RescueTime account. It is important that you make sure the “I’m already using the full RescueTime application on this computer.” box is unchecked. It seems counterintuitive, but it will allow the plugin to record time in that browser instead of the application.876fad93ac3b27d611e0e9f9e8425be7.png
  3. Tell RescueTime to ignore generic time for that browser. Visit your Activities page and find your browser activity. You’re looking for just the browser, and not the individual websites that are logged with that browser—i.e., Chromium, Opera, Waterfox, etc. We share details on how to Ignore an activity here.

Global shortcut is a brilliant idea, if we can link Focus Time Session with Do Not Disturb automatically starting it would be a breeze to get focused

1 Like

Please add brain.fm integration :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m trying the new RescueTime with the Google Calendar integration (on macOS). The app sent me some alerts because I have too many meetings on my calendar. However, I didn’t attend those meetings. one meeting was declined, and the other is a weekly meeting where my response is "maybe’. Since I didn’t attend those meetings, it shouldn’t affect the scoring system used by RescueTime.

Is this something that I can change?

Hi @slasiewski, no you can’t change this currently. Great question though! Right now you can only choose “The meeting ended early” on your Assistant. This would make a great feature request actually. I’m going to move this post over to our feature wishlist page.

1 Like

Integrated pomodoros. I know this has come up here before but the last conversations I see are from almost a year ago. This would be such a game changer for me.

I’d love to enter a “pomodoro mode” in RescueTimer desktop app (I’m Windows) and maybe the default setting is 25 min focus, 5 min break etc, with options to customize per preference and customizable (silent vs not etc) alerts when each segment is complete.

I do set my focus mode to 25 min, but lose track of my breaks and restarting the next focus mode etc.

1 Like

@scoop just wanted to let you know that we now support the Arc browser. Please update to the latest version of RescueTime here, which should be version 3.1.3.3 on Mac. You don’t need the Chrome browser extension anymore.

1 Like

@Ciao Awesome, thank you!

I am using Wavebox, the best productivity browser on the market, IMHO. It is chromium-based. https://wavebox.io/

Any chance you could make Wavebox windows be recognized by RescueTime? Right now, I need the RescueTime extension with the option “I already have RescueTime” deactivated, but I do not understand how I would need to set this up properly to not lose any info.

Would you need anything from the developer of Wavebox to make this work? I know they are always open to help with integrations.

@slasiewski our developer advised if you aren’t going to a meeting, then decline it in the calendar. That might do the trick. If it doesn’t and you have one that’s still in our buffer, our developer can probably work on supporting that. Please let us know.

I have few things in mind which i wish to have in the app

Break timer after Focus session?

Flowmodor: Which using the stopwatch, challenge and test the mind of the user to see how far they can reach without any interruption (No notification to take break). I wish that could implement in the Focus Session . When i set 25 min to Focus Session and have that mode on, after 25 mins it will count extra timer to see how longer you can focus. It will instant stop when you go Personal Activities.

Another thing i wanna see less is Distraction notification. Me as digital artist have to switch between websites, programs for references images and tutorials. When i was in my flow state, it got interrupted by “Oopsie you are too distracting, back to work” which kinda ruined my mood. I had those websites as Other Work/Focus Work. To prevent that, can we have like Focus session group of programs/Website which allow to be switched quick in between without any interruption.

For example, Artist have the list of website, illustration program, music player . Programmer has their Doc,pdf reader, website, developer tools. Using any of these stuffs will not get any notification about distraction!

Most of the stuff in the program has been perfect. I just wish this to be include in and i will see aaaa

I work primarily in Visual Studio Code and I’m also new to RescueTime. I’d like to utilize the analytics RescueTime provides to create more accurate invoices for my customers. I found the data download area in Settings but it’s almost more cumbersome to go through the spreadsheet than using git commits.

Is it possible to easily categorize the line items so I can easily add them to an invoice?

Hi, why not integrate with the calendar app on macOS? I use multiple calendars and calendar.app work as the hub that collect and display all my calendars. In addition my “work” calendar does not allow integrations but it is avaliable in the calendar app, and for more personal calendars I use the iCloud calendar which does not have an integration.

I was honestly quite surprised that it was not possible to integrate with the “local” calendar, and feel that this is severely hampering my use of rescue time.

Best regards
Nicholas

Would like to have a Pandora integration in addition to the Spotify option, if possible.

Hi,

Currently setting the “Work schedule settings” allow for 1-hour increments only. I would like to block 30 minutes of each day maybe for breakfast, lunch, tea, etc. This way I would be less likely to be yelled at for working during downtime. Currently, the only option is one-hour increments, so if, for example, I want to target my lunch for 11-11:30, I’m not forced into an 11-12 option. There is similar feedback from the pause option in the app. someone else made (and I voted on :-))

Not a must-have, but more of a nice to have especially when comparing the focus of the new RT app vs. the original app which had more granularity and was more focused on tracking time across the day where I would argue this would have been a more important feature request. The higher level approach of RT v2 which seems to focus on more of a - are you working yay or nay, supposed to be working yay or nay, focused yay or nay sort of thing.

Thanks

Thanks.

1 Like

I know that opal now allows you to block websites and apps using the Focus framework on iOS, is that something that y’all are planning to add? Also, linux support would be great :0

• Add rest sessions
  • Linux suport (Ubuntu)

Hi, recent desktop app by Microsoft Teams is not recognized properly, it is displayed as Chrome tab and utility (neutral) instead of communication tool. Please add support for this.

Hi @ely_eastman, tracking and blocking apps on the iOS is coming real soon. Linux is on our roadmap but not there yet.

The Focus Session instructions say, “Our plan is to integrate other music services in the near future.” Please add Apple Music to that plan. Thanks!

2 Likes