Got bugs? Leave them here

I just purchased access to use the timesheets and for some reason it is broken. Our network also blocks Adds and Trackers at the network level but that does not appear to be the issue.

On the page [Sign in to RescueTime]

I get the following error which seems to break some functionality such as resizing and adding time blocks.

BrowserTracing.js:20 Uncaught Type
Error: console.error is not a function at new e (BrowserTracing.js:20:1) at timesheets:64:20

First off, I like the UI update! Iā€™ve been a customer for years and itā€™s really nice looking.

Unfortunately, my highest-value feature simply isnā€™t working: distracting site blocking. Hereā€™s a screenshot. Iā€™m in FocusTime, as scheduled. The 30 minute timer started at 8:29 and this screenshot is from 8:45. TikTok should be blocked but itā€™s not happening.

How can I debug this? Iā€™ve looked through the MacOS permissions and I think Iā€™ve given RescueTime everything it asked forā€¦

MacOS Ventura 13.4.1 (22F82)
Desktop Client Version 3.2.0.10
Chrome Extension Version 3.2.10

@blannon thanks for sticking with us all these years. This is currently a known bug and our developers are working on a fix. The bug pertains to Alerts. Appreciate your patience!

Hi @anthony_v. Thanks for sharing this error! I will relay this information to our developers.

@blannon Thanks for your patience. This has been resolved. Would you mind testing it and confirm if itā€™s working for you?

Hi Anthony,

The that 3rd party library occurs, it should not be an issue-- however, weā€™ve added some checks to prevent it from occurring. Thanks for writing in!

So I have two issues.

1. The reports for my year are stuck in Chrome. Last week they were still ok (Iā€™ve been using RescueTime for years).
  2. Then I tried to open the same report from Firefox, that Iā€™m not using otherwise, and there the report leaded. The issue is tho that like minimum half of my time is not logged (probably more). The numbers I see are too small for work - and also the game Iā€™ve played yesterday (FC24) has like a few seconds logged, while in reality I played for a few hours.

So now I have an impression that something is wrong at the backend and thatā€™s why the report is not working in Chrome, while Firefox just cuts trough but with missing data.

I will wait if it fixes itself - but I wanted to leave a report. It is like that since yesterday.

Some system details up front:

MacOS Sonoma 14.5
Desktop Client 3.2.0.10

Today I started a 30m focus session, and completed my task early. I was unable to end the focus session early because the UI didnā€™t reflect being in a focus session. I started a focus session by clicking ā€œfocus nowā€ rather than step through the ā€œprep stepsā€.

When I opened the UI later to end the focus session, my regular dashboard was displayed, and I couldnā€™t find any way to end the session. I even had the option to start a focus session if I wanted. Not sure how the UI got out of sync, but the session was definitely in progress - the timer was displayed in the menubar.

Within RescueTime on the web, it was also reporting that I had ā€œcompletedā€ a focus session, even though it was still in progress. Is that expected behavior? My expectation was that Iā€™d also have the option to end a focus session within the web app, or at least that it would reflect that one was in progress. I can understand why that might not be the case, however, I just found it odd.

Hi @progorion. Sorry for the delay. Please reach out to us at support@rescuetime.com so we can take a look at your account. Thanks!

Hi @joshvickerson, that is odd. You canā€™t end a Focus Session from the website, but you should be able to from the Assistant. Something is out of sync with your Assistant. Please try restarting your Assistant or rebooting your computer and then start it up again.